Thursday, December 27, 2007

Meeting with Miss Peach

This afternoon Pyewacket and I went on a journey to visit Miss Peach and her mom for afternoon tea.

We had Belgian cookies, and a delicious cup of tea and we were shown around the beautiful cottage. We took a photograph to remember the lovely time we had.



I'd like to dedicate this poem to the two of them with my appreciation.

My Gift to You

Chance makes a poet, so by chance
a poet I would be,
and send my verse, like Eros' lance,
to strike and pleasure thee.
I'll make such rhymes for thee, will start
sweet bells a-chiming in thy heart:
be beautiful as mountain spring,
or, light as spinning foam will bring
a moments pleasure then depart.
My soul would soar to heights sublime,
so let each ballad ring
with all the bards of ancient time,
and minstrelsy, to sing.
If then these songs delight thee, dear,
suffice they must for me:
one moment's joy unto thine ear,
then gone from memory.

8 comments:

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

How lovely! What a wonderful day and what a beautiful poem. Just came over from Miss Peach's. Your tea must have been so delightful. And you have the beautiful photo to keep with your memories.
ML

ZOOLATRY said...

Dear Marcelle: we have been so very pleased to meet your lovely daughter (and handsome grandsons)... it has been fun to share with them. You are blessed.
We love your poems... can we officially "adopt" you as our
"other mother"? Happy day to you,
today and every day.

Daisy said...

How fun that you got to have tea with the beautiful Miss Peach!

Mickey's Musings said...

What a beautiful poem to commemorate your visit with Miss Peach and her Mother.I just know that you had a wonderful time as they make every visitor most welcome.
Have a wonderful day :)

Artsy Catsy said...

Marcelle, we've so enjoyed your words and the photos of your lovely family! We're very, very pleased to meet you!

Rocky
& his cat staff and human artists

HRH Yao-Lin said...

That is truly charming. It is always a good thing to have a nice human around.

x

Spooker said...

How lovely - poetry & tea with Miss Peach!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh I am deeply touched by your poem Marcelle. I know that my mommy often yearns for her mommy who is above watching. When we read about you and your life, it was as if she sent us to you here. We hope you do not mind that we think of you as, well as family to look up to like a mommy would be.
Each day looks different and your pages change with them. The leaves of our days fall where they may, indeed. I like falling here.
Thank you for the charming visit I had with you here and there.
Adoringly...Miss Peach